Turkey Meatballs go to India

Last night I saw Iron Chef America. Goose was the challenge. I though, well I have ground turkey in my fridge. I could use some of my rendered duck fat I have from last weekend  or I can incorporate India. So I went for India.

We need:

3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tsp of dried ginger powder or 1 inch of peeled and grated fresh ginger ( I went with the pweder version). 
1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp of Garam Masala
1/2 tsp of ground cumin
per level of spice a bit of the hot and spicy Korean spice
3 generous tbsp of sour cream or plain yogurt
1 tsp of kosher salt,
1/4 cup of fresh cut coriander
2 eggs
1 large onion finely chopped
3 lbs of ground turkey 

Preheat the oven to 400 F. Mix everything in a bowl. Coat a baking sheet with a good rim with oil. With an ice cream scoop form little balls and distribute them on the baking sheet about 1" apart. You may end up with 2 baking pans. Brush them with some oil and bake for 20-25 min. 



There is more to come... like a curry sauce.... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark