Massaman Meets Rabbit

 I think by know people know, I like rabbit. I still had one in the freezer and decided this weekend it is time to treat myself.

My pantry still had some cans. One did read Massaman Curry. I had Massaman Curry with chicken many times. So there we go, Massaman meets rabbit.

We need
1 rabbit cut into 5 pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 small can with Massaman Curry paste
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 cup of fat free half/half
2 tsp of veggie oil
water

In a Dutch Oven heat up the veggie oil, place the rabbit pieces and sear them from both sides.
When they are seared, add 4 cups of water and let them simmer for 30 minutes. Check every 10 minutes and add water if needed. After 30 minutes add another 3 cups, bring it to a boil. Add the contents of the Massaman Curry paste and desolve it. Add the can of coconut milk. Bring to a boil again, turn the heat down to simmer for another 30 minutes. Add the 1/2 cup of fat free half/half, bring to a boil. 
Thicken the sauce. 
As sides I heated up a jar red cabbage with 2 cloves and as a starch I used me second last pack of potato dumpling powder.
-Mahlzeit-






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark