Baked Chicken Leg Quarters

Meat has gotten really expensive. If something is on sale, I will buy and use or put it into the freezer.
Last weekend I found chicken leg quarters on sale. 4 of them were just 6$. While they say, no antibiotiks and hormones, 2 of them were 2x the size of the other ones. Who knows. They were expertly packaged. Without opening the package the difference in size was not noticeable. In any event.
I remembered a conversation with another customer about our favorite chicken leg recipes. Here is what I remembered and that is what I used.

Spices:
  • Montreal chicken spice (lots of it)
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Wash and pad dry the chicken legs. Leave a little bit of moisture, so the spice can stick. Liberally apply Montreal chicken spice on all sides.
In a frying pan, that can go into the oven, heat some oil and sear the chicken legs. When they have some color make sure the skin side is up in the pan, add some water (for my 4 legs I added 1 cup) and put it into the oven. Check every 15 minutes for the liquid level and add as needed. Every 15 minutes, use some of the liquid and put it over the chicken legs. That makes the skin nice and crisp.
My legs were large, so I choose to keep them in the oven for 1h. 
The good thing with legs is, they don't get dry that easy.

I decided that the liquid does not need binding.
Serve with potatoes or rice or quinoa and a veggie.

-Mahlzeit-
2023-02-18





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark