Duck Breast

A few weeks back I talked about a duck I bought that was pretty much just fat on my FB feed. They did send me a replacement duck and some extra. It was time to do the duck breast.
What can I tell.
It looked so nice:
2023-11-05-1

2023-11-05-2

The left side was below on the right size. The different color from the skin comes from the red meat sitting on top of it. But cleaning? Why was that not properly cleaned? 

2023-11-05-3

And I didn't even pull everything out.
And here again fat, fat, fat. I trimmed as much as I could, then salt and pepper onto the meat side and just salt onto the skin side.
2 pans were heated up without fat.
Put down the breast, skin side down and let the fat render.
I used 2 different pans, as I wanted to do 2 different recipes.
2023-11-05-4

2023-11-05-5

Let the skin get crusty over medium high heat. Then I turned the breast around, turned down the heat.
I then covered the pans. This will take the crips out, but at the end I am going to crisp it up again.
2 of the duck breasts got basted with Voodoo Sauce from Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen.
At the end remove all the fat and the breast from the pan, turn the heat on high and put the duck breast back skin side down for 3-4 minutes.
2023-11-05-6

2023-11-05-7

-Mahlzeit-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark