Lamb Roast

I am trying to use some of the things from my freezer. There was a lamb roast.
I defrosted it over night. As seasoning for the meat, I just used salt and pepper.

In a pot I added some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and let it get hot. Add the meat and brown it from all sides.
2023-11-19-1

2023-11-19-2

While it is searing, Cut one large onion into medium chunks. When the meat is seared remove it from the pot and set aside. Add the onions. After they became translucent add the meat back in together with
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1.5 tsp of ground Allspice
  • 1/2 tsp of dried Thyme
  • 3 Bayleaves
Cover the pot and turn down the temperature. Simmer until you have your desired inner temperature. With the cooking process some of the nice color goes away. So I decided to do some more  searing. Heat up a pan without any fat and sear it again from all sides.
2023-11-19-3

Serve with sides of your choice.
2023-11-19-4

-Mahlzeit-






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark