Chopped Beef with Home Made Noodles - a Beef Wellington Inspiration

The original intent was to make Beef Wellington Ravioli. While cooking I changed my mind.
The noodles turned out decent. It was only my 5th time to make noodles myself. I think I will do that more often. The meat Wellington style was good as well. I don't think the recipe for red wine reduction was great. I think it may even be incorrect with some of the measurements. So I am not going to post it.
Here is what worked.
Noodles:
  • 1 cup and 2tbps of all purpose flower
  • 2 eggs
  • 1tbsp of olive oil.


In a bowl mix all of it. Because it was really hard to get a nice dough, I added 1 more tbsp of olive oil and about 4 tbsp of water to it. I could still feel flour pockets, so I did run it a few times through the paster maker. Then I folded them all over, pressed them down, put it into plastic wrap and did set it aside for 30 minutes..

In the mean time fill a big pot with water, season it with salt and bring it to a boil.

Meat:
  • beef tenderloin, chop it in small pieces
  • 4 medium mushrooms chopped
  • 1 large shallot finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1 tsp of fresh thyme, finely chopped
I thought this might be a little much. But it wasn't at all. The fresh thyme nicely added to the flavor and did not jump into the foreground.


In a pan add 2 tbsp of olive oil and heat it up. Add the shallots and the mushrooms. Sautee for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and the fresh thyme and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Finally turn up the heat and add the beef. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. If the beef should be well done, add 1 or 2 minutes. It all depends on how finely the meat was chopped.
When done, I added another spoon of butter to it. 

As usual I added a bit of parmesan cheese.
-Mahlzeit-










 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark