Meatballs and Many Meals

I thought I make a chili  this weekend, but decided to do meatballs.

Meatballs can be used in many things:

Meatballs:
3 lbs of ground turkey 85/15
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp of smoked paprika
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs (I make my own from left over dried bread)

In a big bowl, mix all of this  and from out balls. I tend to measure mine. This time it is about 60g +/-3.



Cooking liquid
3/4 gallon of water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of ground allspice
1 tsp of ground cumin
1/3 tsp of dried thyme

Use a wide pot, that can hold about 10 meatballs and they have still room to float.
Bring the water with all the spices to a boil, add 10 of the meatballs and let them simmer for about 20 -25 minutes.
I ended up with 29 meatballs, so in total that is going to be 3 batches.




Don’t throw away the cooking liquid. We will use it.

Meatballs in a white caper sauce.
Make a roux with butter and flower and add slowly spoon by spoon the cooking liquid until you have the consistency you want. Add 2 tsp of capers and 1 tbsp of caper liquid, add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the meat balls with a side salad and a starch of your choice.
The remaining cooking liquid will be frozen for next time I need a white sauce.

Veggie Soup with meatballs
See  my post from yesterday and just add the meatballs.


Meatball sandwich:
Cut the meatballs into slices, on a toasted bread add lettuce, a couple of onion slices, tomato slices, meatball slices, your favorite bbq sauce. Done

-Mahlzeit-

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark