Smoked Boston Butt

 I am now the proud owner of a smoker. I thought I can just do some chicken legs on Friday afternoon. And the Boston But goes on Saturday morning.

Until all was set and done, delivery and seasoning the smoker it was 5pm. To late to start something that takes hours.

I had to exchange the pellets at the store. They brought me a blend and I had ordered hickory. So I ended up with Mesquite...

The spice mix comes from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omXFw_JnP4E
It is actually a bit more salty then I like it. The next mix will be adapted.

So 4 chicken thights and the Boston Butt goes onto the smoker at 225F.

I can't see a lot of smoke, so I turn the temp to 220F and hit the extra smoke button. Now we are talking.

After 2 hours I stated to baize it a bit. The chicken legs with a Savanah marinade and the Boston Butt with a store board BBQ sauce.
After 3.5h I took the chicken off and it was delicious and turned the off the extra smoke. The Boston Butt is now just spayed with water every 30 min. After 8h I bumped the temp to 250. After 10.5h the internal temp was finally 160F. It was already dark.


Not bad for the first try.
Things to change... For the next Boston Butt, I better get up at 7am  to have something close to dinner. Change the spice a bit. Less salt, add Allspice.
-Mahlzeit-




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark