First Smoked Brisket

I got my hands on a small brisket, 4.5 lbs.

My spice rub:
  • 1/3 cup of sugar
  • 2 tbsp paprika
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 2 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
  • 2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp mustard powder
  • 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
There are similar recipe's on the internet, but what can I say. Since the pandemic it is hard to get my hands on some things.
I started off trimming the brisket, then seasoned it on all sides. Into a glas bowl with a cover it went and then into the fridge over night.
I used hickory wood for the smoking process.
My Smoker has a beginners brisket program: 3.5h on 165F and then it moves the temp up to 225F until the inner temperature is 190F. About 10 hours later I was still at 160, so I stopped the smoking, everything went into heavy duty alu foil double wrapped and into the counter oven at 350F. The thermometer I have in there, says it was only 250F. So who knows. 
For the last 2 hours in the smoker I wrapped some potatoes into alu foil. The wrapping was a pouch, so steam could develop and I put them into the smoker as well. The idea was get a smoked baked potato...lol.. It turned out really great.
To not let the meat dry out I spayed it with water a bit once an hour. I think I need to find something else for this... In the back of my head is the picture of the mop dripping some red sauce over the meat every now and then...lol...
Serve with sides of your choice

- Mahlzeit -










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark