Smoking weekend again

Meat prices are up pretty much 100%. I better don't budge anything. This Sirloin Tip Roast did cost me a pretty penny.

Spice rub
  • 2tsp salt
  • 2 tsp black ground pepper
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp sweet paprika
  • 1/2 tsp ground allspice
  • 3 tsp dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
Heat the smoker to 225F. I used hickory pellets.
Cover the meat in well mixed spice rub on all sides and put it on the smoker. I have a Traeger smoker, for the first 2h I had the extra smoke added. I decided I want some baked/smoked potatoes. When I turned off the extra smoke , I added a few potatoes in an aluminum foil pouch into the smoker. When the meat reached 142 (medium rare in my case) I put the smoker into shut down mode.The potatoes were not done yet. In a countertop stove I turned it on convection at 450 for 30 min, added the potato pouch,  and all was hunky dori. Time for dinner. 
Serve with sour cream for the potatos and if you like with a side sald.
Remove the net.

-Mahlzeit-






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark