Chipotle Pasta with Tomato Spinach Sauce

The plan for this weekend was to make Ravoli with a Ricotta Spinach filling. Neither one actually materialized.
I made fresh pasta and wanted to use my new engraved rolling pins to put texture on the outside. This did not work out at all. The pasta is just to thin to take any shapes from the rolling pin. Ok, this will become Fettucini and a tomato spinach sauce with cheese. 
I like to  flavor my noodles. Aside from the usual ingredients, they always get some spice added, that I think could work with what I want.

Noodles (feeds 2 people and is my base recipe)
  • 1/2 cup of sifted All Purpose Flow
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 tbsp milk
To get the flavor I added 1/4 tsp of ground smoked Chipotle pepper. One can add more depending on how spicy things should get.

I found a small jar of tomato basil sauce in my pantry. I took half of the fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped and into a frying pan the sauce and the spinach went. This got heated up over a slow heat and cooked for about 5 minutes. 

To cook the noodles bring a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add the freshly cut fettucini and cook till done. For me this was about 7 minutes. Grab one of noodle every now and then and check how done it is.
In the mean time grate your favorite cheese. 
Serve the noodles with cheese and the sauce. If you use store bought noodles, this can all be done within 15 minutes.
-Mahlzeit-









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark