Baked Ground Meat

It is time to get rid of some of the things in my freezer.
This weekends plans: 2 ground beef patties and 1 lamb shank steak.
Aside from the ingredients I need 2 small baking forms and some margarine.

In a blender I added
  • 2 large ground beef patties (80/20)
  • 1/2 of a small onion, don't bother cutting
  • 1 tsp of ground Allspice
  • 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp of black ground pepper
  • 3/4 tsp of kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
  • 1/4 cup of crushed ice
Blend until all is really fine mashed.
In the picture I added a stick of margarine next to it (a bit is already missing, but the dimensions can be guessed).
Blend until it is really smooth. I don't want to see any texture anymore.

2023-10-21

The blender did a good job. This time I didn't use any curing salt. Next time I think I will do that again.
Heat the oven to 450F. Now my counter top oven can do 450F. The second thermometer I have in there takes 100F off. I am not sure which one is right. 
The baking forms need to be greased. Fill the forms and make sure they are flush with the rims and don't stick over. Just for fun I decided to make a cross pattern at the top.
2023-10-21-1


Bake for 30 minutes. For me it is look and guess and smell. And sometimes I put it back into the oven.
2023-10-21-2

You can see the cut on the right form. I did check if it is ok or not and it was fully baked. This can be sliced and put on bread or sliced and put in a frying pan.

Eventually I will be successful to make Leberkaese. One step at a time....
-Mahlzeit-







  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark