Smoked Chuck Beef Roast

Last night I went to Walmart. I wanted to get some tomatoes and cucumbers. It turned out a different kind of shopping. The tomatoes and cucumbers did not look good. I ended shopping for other things.
There was a nice piece chuck roast in the meat section. Now that is going to go on the smoker tomorrow. I have not used the smoker much this year.
2023-10-29



The spice rub:
  • 3 tbsp light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of ground Allspice
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp ground chipotle
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1.5 tsp fine sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp of black pepper
Rub the meat all over. Also cover the sides.  Any left over can go into a little glass container and be used for the next steak.
While in the kitchen I was watch the Pioneer Woman make bacon wrapped steak. Wait, I got bacon last night as well, I am going to put a few pieces of bacon on smoker. They taste so much better then coming out of the store.

2023-10-29-2

The smoker goes on 220F. I left the bacon on for about 1 hour. The meat was smoked until the inner temperature was 131F. The meat went into Alu foil to rest.

2023-10-29-3

The potatoes just started to cook. After about 10 minutes they were ready. As a side salad, I went for an old simple red cabbage recipe. Finely cut or grate red cabbage into a bowl. Add some sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.

2023-10-29-4

-Mahlzeit-






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark