Leg of Lamb (version 5)

I am going through my freezer. Time to cook some of it. This weekend a leg of lamb. Parts of it was deboned already. The question was: to smoke or not to smoke. I decided the oven will do it. I had an appointment in the afternoon. I can turn off the oven and continue when I am back.

The spice list:
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • smoked paprika
  • salt
  • pepper
  • oregano
  • 1 lemmon
  • EVOO
2024--03-31-01

The cloves go into the meat. One clove got away. So be it. All the other spices get applied generously.
I used a turkey pan with a wire structure. That prevents the meat sitting in the bottom of the pan.
2024--03-31-02

Add water and 1/2 cup of EVOO into the pan. Roast it at 300F for about 2h. Check with a thermometer what the inner temperature is. 
Half way through the roasting process I notices, I forgot the lemon, OK, slices and on top they go
2024--03-31-03

When it is ready, remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. Then cut it.
2024--03-31-04

Serve with sides of your choice. For me  this time just a toasted piece of baguette.
2024--03-31-05

-Mahlzeit-






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark