Fancy Egg Salad

Today I went to the grocery store to get all I need for weekend. When I brought the cart back to the collection station, I noticed that one cart still had a case of 18 eggs sitting in it. So I took it. If I give it back to the store, they just sell it a second time. I just had picked up a dozen eggs myself. I declared egg festival week.
The first dish is a fancy egg salad.
We need
8 hard boiled cooled down peeled eggs, chopped
1tbsp mayo
1 generous tsbp of capers
2 tsp of caper liquid
1 marinated fire roasted pepper from the glas, chopped
1/2 onion finely shopped
1/4 tsp sweet ground pepper
1/2 tsp of yellow mustard
1/4 cup finely chopped pickles

Mix all in a bowl and cover. Store over night in the fridge. Serve with fresh bread or toast.
-Mahlzeit-

P.S. I got this off the internet, but it works perfectly. The best hard cooked egg are done as follows.
Add the eggs to pot with cold water that covers the eggs at least 1 inch. Bring it to the boil and then turn the heat off. Put the timer on 10 min for XL eggs, for X eggs to 8 min. When the timer goes off, remove the eggs and put under cold water for 30 seconds. There will never be a blue outer shell of the egg yolk.

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark