My GoTo Crockpot Dish - Pork Roast

Happy New Year everyone.

Somebody asked me for my favorite crock-pot recipe. I do most often a pork roast. It is easy to make.
I use (for 4 meals)
1 1/2lbs pork loin
6 medium sized potatoes cut into quarters
6 carrots peeled and cut into 2" (5cm) chunks, the top ends cut them length wise as well
4 celery stocks cut into 2" (5 cm) chunks.
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp of ground allspice
1/4 tsp of thyme
2.5 cups of water
little salt and water


With a paper towel dry up the pork loin and season it from all sides with Old Bay Seasoning. It is one of my favorite seasoning mixes.
Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Let it get hot, but don't let it catch fire. Sear the pork loin from all sides. Still pay attention, don't let anything catch fire. Use tongues to turn it. I find them pretty helpful for those things.
When it is seared on all sides, transfer it to the crock-pot. Discard the fat in the frying pan. In my version there are usually to many burned particles, that I do not want in my pot roast.
Place the potatoes, carrots and celery around it, add the water and sprinkle the allspice and thyme over the veggies/potatoes.  Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the potatoes and the veggies.
Cook on high for 4h.
Serve with a nice cold beer 😁.

-Mahlzeit-




Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark