A Different Meat Sauce for Noodles

 I wanted to have noodles tonight with a meat sauce. Now I didn't want to go for the traditional meat sauce. Here is what I came back with

Sauce:

1 pack of mild Italian sausage meat without the casings
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove of garlich minced
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 fire roasted peppers from a jar chopped
salt and pepper to taste
sweet paprika for the end

Heat up the pot and add the sausage meet, break it up with a wooden spoon, to get smaller pieces. Let some of the fat render out over medium heat. Then add the onions. Let it get a bit color, but don't let it burn. Cook until it is almost all through, then add the tomatoes, garlic and peppers. Get it to a boil, then turn the heat down and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the fluid level, add some water if needed.
In the meantime cook noodles. I went for elbow noodles. Cook them per instructions.
As a garnish I also add them cheese. Noodles and cheese just belong together for me,
-Mahlzeit-




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark