Burned Cheese Cake or How to Recover from a Cake Disaster

This is what I set out to make : Burned Cheese Cake

When shopping for the ingredients I ended up getting half'n half and not heavy cream. And I didn't even notice. After having everything mixed together, this still looked like water. In a spring form, this if going to run away. Ok, I need to fix it.
1.5 cups of flower and 1.5 tsp of backing power mixed up and into the mixture it went. After tasting the dough I added 1.5 tsp of lemon extract to it.
Now taste wise it works for me. Now that thing just needs to bake correctly.
For the baking form I decided to switch horses as well and went with a bunt cake form. My biggest mistake was, I did not grease it. Big mistake, very big mistake.

Into the preheated oven of 400F it went and the timer is on 50 min.

Earlier this morning I removed a bag of frosted raspberries from the freezer, added 2 tbsp of white sugar to it and let it sit on the counter to defrost. This does not need any lemon, it is tarty enough.

After 50 minutes, the cake really looked good in oven. So I took it out and let it stand to cool down. It deflated a bit but not to much. Now I realized, I didn't grease the form. How in the world am I going to get this out of the from.
With a knife and spoon I got it to move, but a lot was stuck in the bottom.
Definitely not something I can serve to friends.
Now if I rename it to cheese cake crumbles one can at least try it.
It actually really tastes great. Has a bit of a heavy consistency, but the raspberries make up for it.
One day I will try that again, this time following the recipe....lol....
-Mahlzeit- 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark