Smoked Chicken Thighs and Smoked Mac'n Cheese

I am trying chicken again. I like chicken thighs, because they are usually by itself juicy.
Reading through several recipes on the internet. I came up with this.
First I got to brine it.
 
Brine:
12 cups of water
1 medium onion, cut in half and then sliced
1/2 cup of kosher salt
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1/2 tsp of thyme
1 tsp chipotle rib rack spice mix
2 tsp sweet and smokey salt fee seasoning
1 tsp allspice
2 cloves of garlic sliced
1/2 cup of orange juice with pulp
1 tbsp Worcestershire
 
All of this goes into a pot. Bring it to a boil, let it boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
Wash and pad dry the chicken thighs and submerge them in the cold brine. In the fridge they go 8-24 hours.
Based on current planing it will be about 14h in my case.
 
Saturday:
The smoking starts. Temp is set at 200F. Remove the chicken from the brine and put on the smoker.
After the first hour of smoking I did drip some BBQ sauce on the meat. After 3.5h the inner temp was at 167F, so time to eat.
 
As a site I made Mac'n Cheese. Cook the noodles per instructions, grate the cheese and layer them with the noodles into a aluminum container. For the last 90 min, I just put them into the smoker so the cheese can melt.
 
The skin of the chicken still turned out to be like leather. Ok, then I dont eat it...
-Mahlzeit-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark