Chipote Tumeric Cod with Fried Potatoes

I have not had fish in a long time. Here we go.
I got myself a cod filet in the grocery store. I also came across some fresh Tumeric roots.

Fried Potatoes:
Best the potatoes are cooked a day before and went into the fridge over night. Cut into 5mm slices.
Finely shop a small onion. Peel a bit of the Tumeric root enough for 6 thin slices. 
In a skillet melt 2 tbsp of margarine.
Add 3 slices of the Tumeric, chopped onions. Season with salt and pepper. When the onions get translucent add the potatoes.  Stir occasionally. When it has the desired color, turn off the heat.

Cod
In a skillet melt 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp of margarine. Pad dry the cod filet and season from both sides. I used a BBQ Chipotle spice mix.  When the butter/margarine is melted add the filet and the other 3 slices of Tumeric. Cover. after 3 minutes spoon some of the butter over the filet, cover again. After 2 more minutes flip the filet and repeat the process.
My filet was fairly thick over 1". I flipped it one more time, spooned the butter mix over it, covered it for 5 more minutes.

Serve with a side salad.

-Mahlzeit-

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark