Beefsteaks, Potatos, Duck Gravie and Side Salad

Every Wednesday I have to attend a 1-1.5h hour meeting just before lunch, where I just have to be present for 98% of the time. If I were in the office, I would  sit in a meeting room. I would be so polite not to play with my phone and check email or read Facebook. I have a high end wireless head set, so I can be away 30+ ft from my computer on a different level in my house and do things like cooking. This meeting time is now deemed cook a lunch to get away from the left overs or canned soups and salad options once a week. When I hear the dings from the chat, I will go upstairs and check.
 
For the beefsteak
  • 1 lbs of ground beef
  • 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce 
  • Salt, Pepper, 
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I make them myself, just dry any unused old bread and then blended)
  • 1.5 tsp of smoked spice mix
In a bowl mix all of this together and form burger patties. In a frying pan, render some fat from bacon or melt some margarine. Fry the beefsteaks to your liking.
 
Mixed Tomato and Cucumber Salad
  •  1 Tomato
  • 1 small cucumber
  • 1/4 from the onion finely chopped
  • 2 tsp of fresh basil or 2 tsp of fresh coriander (optional)
  • salt pepper to taste
  • store bought salad dressing. I decided to try a low cal french dressing
 Mix all of this and let it stand for 20 min so the flavors can mingle.

A couple of days ago I roasted a duck. The drippings can be made into a nice gravy. The drippings go into the fridge over night. The duck fat hardens at the top, so I can remove it, put it into a container for later use. I added some water, salt, 1/2 cup of buttermilk and then I thickened it with a German sauce binder (lazy me in some parts).
The results:

-Mahlzeit-
P.S.
Other names for beefsteak in Germany

  • Burger
  • Fleischpflanzerl
  • Boulette
  • Frikadelle
  • Fleischkuechle
  • Hamburger
  • Hacksteak




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark