Cauliflower Soup

I watched some cooking show this morning when I was waking up. I don't remember if it was Valerie, Trisha or Ree. The talk was about a creamy cauliflower soup. Now there is an idea. I didn't feel like running a soup through the blender. Other then potatoes and cauliflower I don't remember anything about it... Sorry, I was waking up...
Now there was a cauliflower in my fridge, there is a package of Eckridge Turkey Sausage. I can make something out of this.
  • 1/2 bag of baby carrots
  • 1 tbsp of margarine
  • 1 cup of celery chopped
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 4 potatoes chopped into bite size pieces
  • 1 head of cauliflower cleaned and cut into pieces
  • 1 pack of Eckridge Turkey Sausage cut into slices
  • 6 cups of water
  • 2 tsp of ground all spice
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 2/3 tsp dried thyme
  • 4 tsp of Knorr Tomato Bouillon
In a stock pot melt the margarine, add the onions and let them get translucent.
Then add the carrots, celery and sausage. Cook for about 10 minutes to get some color on the sausage and the onions lightly brown over medium high heat. Don't let things get burned.
Then add all the rest, bring it to a boil, cover, turn the heat down to simmer.
Simmer for about 20 minutes. Check the potatoes for gar level. I like my veggies still a bit crunchy.
Serve with chives.
-Mahlzeit-




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark