2 Cake Disasters and a Home Run

I tried twice to make Ree Drummond's Burned Cheese Cake. This time it really worked out.  Home run. I did 2 changes.
  • I added a couple of dashes of lemon extract
  • I used my kitchen machine. The hand mixer was not up to the blocks of creme cheese. I didn't want to burn out the engine. That hand mixer is really only good to make whip cream, which I don't eat...lol...
The batter should be really stiff.

 
I did my own berry sauce. 
I had
  • 1 peach, cut into quarters and into slices
  • 2 cups of fresh grapes
  • 2 cups of frozen blue berries
Add all of this into a sauce pot, add 1/3 cup of water. 4 tbsp of sugar, juice of half a lemon. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. In a small bowl add 1tsp of cornstarch, 1 tbsp of water, mix it and make sure there are no lumps. Add  them to the berries and cook for a few more minutes until it thicken. Then turn off the heat.
 
Wait for all to cool down.
-Mahlzeit-

 



 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark