Asian Inspired Shrimp Soup

After so much meat, I thought it is time for a little less meaty meal.
There were still frozen shrimp in the freezer. The fridge had some mushrooms that needed a purpose. Oh yeah, some lemon grass is there as well.
Here we go:
  • 8 cups of water
  • 6 tsp of Knorr Tomato bullion
  • 2 hand full of frozen or fresh cilantro
  • 3 cups of different kind of mushrooms cut into bite size pieces (I used shiitake and oyster mushrooms)
  • 12 defrosted shrimp, raw and cleaned and de-veined
  • 2 swirls of Asian noodles (store bought, they are usually pre-cooked, check the instructions)
  • half a dried lemon
  • 1/2 tsp of margarine
I picked up a bag of dried lemons from an Indian grocery store. They are not even 1" in diameter. I asked the store owner how they use it and he said, I should grind it and use it in soups. It adds some nice freshness to the dish.
In a big bowl, add the water and the Knorr Tomato  bullion. Heat up and bring slowly to a boil. When it starts to simmer add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Add the noodles and keep an eye on them. Some just really need heating. Add the cilantro. Turn off the heat.
When the water starts to boil, start melting the margarine in a frying pan. Add the shrimp. Season to your liking. I added some Old Bay. Keep them undercooked, but with some color on both sides. My shrimps where jumbo shrimps. I opted for 1.5 minutes a side. Then turn off the heat.
When the soup is done, serve in a bowl, add the shrimp and I also added some Thai really hot pepper flakes.
-Mahlzeit-
Asian inspired shrimp soup



 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark