Red Snapper with Baked Veggies

A friend does a lot of fishing in the Golf. He always posts those great pictures from Red Snapper. It was time I got myself a one.
The Asian grocery store has a lot of fish to pick from. I had them scale and gut the fish.
Red Snapper
I did read myself through a lot of recipe and this is what I came up with. I will bake this baby on a bed of veggies.
Stuffing
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1/2 cup of chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen parsley
  • 1 smashed clove of garlic
  • 1/2 tsp of sweet ground paprika
  • 1/2 tsp of ground Allspice
  • 1/4 tsp of dried thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp of margarine
In a frying pan melt the margarine, add the onions and the celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the rest. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it cool down.
Preheat the oven to 450F.
Line a sheet tray with heavy duty aluminum foil. Add some olive oil to it and the veggies. I decided to go with poblano and yellow pepper, onions and celery. Coat all of them with a bit of oil. 
Slice the fish from both sides. Salt and pepper from both sides. Fill the cavity and what is left over from the stuffing, just add it on top.
Into the oven it goes for 15 min. After 15 minutes, turn the fish over and bake the other side for 15 minutes.
sheet tray with fish
Serve with a side salad. I also added a toasted french baguette to it.
-Mahlzeit-

 
Red snapper




 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark