Chipotle Bread

I have another sour dough starter. They somehow turn out pretty runny. Oh well. I can work with that.
  • 250g runny sourdough starter
  • 250g King Arthur bread flower
  • 1/2 tsp salt (mix with the flower)
  • 100g warm water with 1/2 tsp of instant yeast and 1/2 tsp of sugar (let stand, so it gets foamy)
  • 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder (yes, I wanted some kick in the bread)
  • 1/2 tsp of neutral veggie oil
Mix all in a bowl. I used a stand mixer for 10 minutes. The dough was still pretty sticky, so I added another 3-4 tbsp of flower.
Let stand for about 2h. It is hot here. I covered it with  towel and put the bowl on the porch.
Preheat the oven to 475F. Line a Dutch Oven with parchment paper. Dump the down into DO, cover and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the cover, turn the heat down to 420F and bake another 30 minutes.

I love warm fresh bread with butter.
 
-Mahlzeit-
2021-07-02




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark