Home made Crème Fraîche with Cowboy Steak

Yes, the  focus is on the Crème Fraîche. I know how to make quark. But really sometimes, I wish I have Crème Fraîche. And it is so easy.
The base recipe is off the internet. Buttermilk and heavy creme. The more sites one reads, the more ratios one can get. The numbers of day in the fridge also range from a couple of days to 2 weeks.
Ok, here is what I did
  • 2 cups of heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup of butter milk
All in a glas container (ceramic works as well, but not metal or plastic). I covered it with the respective cover, but did not press it down, so air could come in. I did let it stand for 24h on the stove. (I did not use the stove during this time at all). After 24h use a fork to mix things up and press the cover down and off to the fridge it went. The process was completed 3 days ago.
Since then, here is the steak. As a steak sauce or for the potatoes, I just added a little salt and pepper.
The red sauce in the little jar is store bought Famous Dave's Sweet and Spicy Sauce. 
I don't have plate that can accommodate a meal like this. A cutting board will have to do. The rim can catch any juices.
-Mahlzeit-
2023-07-23









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark