Baguette

The recipe was posted from Sascha Inden on Facebook. She references  Axel Schmitt as the author of the recipe.
It sounds all pretty easy. When I read the recipe, I was not sure it will all work out as such.

  • 300g flower (all purpose)
  • 4g yeast
  • 6g salt
  • 200g water
It states to all just mix in a bowl, so the flower is all wet. Not more then 20 seconds....
I would think one would dissolve the in the water and one uses warm water. But ok.
Cover the bowl air tight and put it in the fridge for 14-20 hours.
This morning, when I check, the dough still had the size from yesterday. 
The instructions say, to leave it on the counter top for 15 min, while the oven pre-heats to 250C. Add some water into a separate bowl, to generate steam.. Sprinkle some flower on the counter top. Cut the dough in half and fold it over a couple of times.
Then bake for 15 minutes. 
That is where I left he instructions.
I did flower a surface and did fold it over for a couple of times. And then I decided to let stand for and raise for about 2h. The dough still didn't look like it would make 2 baguettes. So I left it as is.
Into the oven it went. After 15 minutes baking I decided to add another 10 minutes.
With some butter and salt. Yummi, yummi.

-Mahlzeit-
2024-01-15-01

2024-01-15-02




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark