No Knead Easy Bread

I didn't have a chance to go shopping after work yesterday. I need an easy bread, that works around my work schedule. This one does the trick. The recipe is from the internet, but I cut all in half.

  • 225g bread flour, (all purpose will work as well)
  • 3/4 cup of warm water
  • 1 tsp of rapid dry yeast
  • 1 tsp of kosher salt
In a bowl mix the salt, dry yest and flour. Add the water and mix it with a fork or a wooden spoon until there are no flour pockets left. The dough will still be sticky. Cover the bowl air tight. I use cling wrap for this.  All this takes about 5 minutes. Set aside in a warm spot. My warmest spot is my computer room. The warmest spot in the computer room is on a running laptop.
2024-01-31-1

The work day can start. About 2.5h later I pre-heat the stove  to 450F with a Dutch Oven including the cover inside.
After another 30 minutes it is lunch time.
The dough has doubled.
2024-01-31-2

I just got myself a silicon baking matt. This makes a lot of things easier and I don't need to mess up the counter top. Onto the baking matt some flower, scrape the dough out of the bowl and fold it a few times to the center until a nice form shows.
2024-01-31-3

This now needs to get onto a piece f parchment paper, So I cut a larger piece, stick 2" under the matt and lift the other side of the matt, so the bread rolls onto the parchment paper. Then it is very easy to transfer into the DO. Now the DO oven is hot. Protect your hands when lifting it and opening the cover.
Once the bread is in the DO, put on the cover and back into the oven for 30 minutes. Then remove the cover and bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on the desired crust color.
2024-01-31-4

Remove the bread from the DO and let it cool out on a rack.  Half of the bread is already gone. I think Friday I will rinse and repeat  the process.
-Mahlzeit-







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

Potatoes with Butter and Quark