Almost Tom Yum Soup with Meatballs


The other day I discovered a new Asian Grocery store. It is about half the distance from the one I usually go to.
And they had kafir lime leaves.
So I invented Almost Tom Yum soup with meat balls. We need

6-9 meat balls
8 cups of water
6 tsp of Knorr Tomato bullion
2 large tomatoes
4 kafir lime leaves
1/2" fresh ginger cleaned and sliced
2 inches of lemon grass cut into slices
7 white button mushrooms, coarsely sliced

The meat balls are from the freezer from the batch I made a few weeks ago. They can be still frozen.
In a pot add all the ingredients and bring them to a boil and turn the heat to simmer.
Simmer for about 12-15 minutes.
In a separate pot I did cook some noodles.

When all is done, serve in a bowl garnished with Thai Basil. It almost tastes like Tom Yum soup.
-Mahlzeit-



Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark