Crawfish Boil My Way

Looking forward to my vacation in the south. It is still crawfish season. At a grocery store I got me some frozen crawfish. They were sitting in my freezer now for 3 or 4 weeks. Time to use it.

10 small red potatoes (washed)
1 pack Eckrich Turkey Sausage , sliced
1 ear of fresh corn
1 pack of Zatarain Shrimp/Crawfish boil. (That one was still sitting in my spice cupboard, was 3 years overdue, it still did its job)
1 gallon of water ( the Zatarain's package calls for 3 quarts. However I remembered, this being really spicy, so a bit more wont hurt.
1 pack of frozen crawfish (about 16 to the pack)

In a big stock pot add everything except the crawfish and bring it to a boil.

Lower the temperature, let it cook until the potatoes are almost done.
Add the frozen crawfish, turn up the heat to medium and set the timer to 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn off the heat. Use a spoon with slots to remove all the goodies from the broth into a bowl. The broth may have sand in the bottom if the crawfish was not cleaned properly before freezing. Discard the bag of seasoning.
I eat this with my fingers.
-Mahlzeit-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark