Version 2 Smoked Boston Butt

 I really liked the spice mix I for the lamb. a few weeks ago. Let's see if I can come up with something similar for a Boston Butt, applying what I learned last time.


This are the spices mixed up + some brown sugar + some Old Bay seasoning + some ground lack pepper.  In total I mashed 3 cloves of garlic. The lamb mix had chopped up rosemary as well, I opted not to use any this time. All quantities are eyeballed and then I tasted it and added what I think it needed more off. Other then the salt from the Old Bay seasoning, I did not include salt.  

In the shop I asked the bone to be removed from the Boston Butt. I wanted to cut it up into larger chunks anyways. I am thinking this can cut down smoking time. 


I cut them up into 4 chunks. Coded everything with the spice oil mix, covered in a bowl it goes into the fridge for tomorrow morning. 

At 10am the smoking started:

7 hours later:


-Mahlzeit-








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark