Another Smoked Pork Butt

Time to get my smoker to work again. This morning I took a Boston Butt de-boned that I bought 2 days ago out of the fridge.
My spice mix:
  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp light brown sugar
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp sweet paprika
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp all spice
  • 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper
 
I mixed all of the spices. Note, brown sugar tends to get hard over time. The light sugar tends to take more time to turn into rocks. Dark brown sugar can turn into rocks a lot shorter time. The internet suggests to take the dark sugar rocks. add a wet paper towel and put it into the microwave between 20-30 seconds. I had mixed results with that.
Anyways.
I covered the meat with the entire spice mix. 


I did let the meat sit for 2 hours on the counter to come up to temperature.
Smoking temperature 225F, extra smoke for 2h, total of 6h, then I decided tp up the temperature to 350F. At 189F internal temperature I turned off the smoker 2 hours later.
 


Oh, this was so yummy.
Next time I add some more pepper spices. This time I just didn't want to overdo it.
-Mahlzeit-
 

 
 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark