Rabbit in Bacon

Time to have a rabbit again. I had 3 slices of really thick cut bacon in the fridge left over. So rabbit with bacon it is.
Cut 3-4 slices of bacon into small pieces and render them in a pan. I have a small version of a turkey frying pan. This is the size of a pan I need.

Cut the rabbit into 5 pieces. On the back part there are some very thin pieces of meat. Cut them off. We will make rouladen from them.
Salt and pepper them slightly, add some mustard. From the rendered bacon, take a few pieces and then roll them up and secure the roll with toothpicks.
Salt and pepper the remaining rabbit pieces and code them with mustard. Over medium high heat sear the rabbit pieces.

 
While doing this preheat the oven to 350F. When the meat is seared, put it into the oven, add 2 cups of water. After 25 min, take some of the cooking liquid and drip it over the meat. Add water as needed. Repeat every 25 min. After about 2.5h my rabbit was done.
I thicken the liquid with Mondamin and add about 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Once can also use corn starch dissolved in cold water to thicken the sauce.
Serve with either potatoes or a dumpling and a veggie.
My choice were bread dumplings and red cabbage. And I did cheat. I used pre-made dumplings and red cabbage from a jar.
-Mahlzeit-
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark