Roasted Pork Chops with Roasted Leeks and Baked Potato

I am still working my way through my freezter. I found thick cut pork chops. And there are leeks in my fridge. I love leeks.
Baking a potato takes the longest. Mine was really large. I wrapped in aluminum foil  and baked it in my counter top oven with convection on 450F for about 2h. 
90 minutes in it is getting time to clean the leeks. I cut them first in 1" large chunks and then half them so all falls apart. Leeks must be washed several times, as there is a lot of sand hiding inside.
Leeks and onions go good together. 

Roasted Leeks
  • 2 leeks cleaned and cut 
  • 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
  • 1 tbsp margarine
  • 1tsp ground allspice
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a cast iron skillet melt the margarine, add the onions and leek and all the spices. Over medium high heat roast them until they have the desired tenderness.
15 minutes before the potato is done, pad dry the pork chop.
Spray a cast iron skillet with a nonstick spray and heat the skillet up. Season the pork chop to your liking. I used this time salt, pepper, garlic, and a sweet and spicy salt less spice mix. Grill the pork chop so it gets that nice cross patter in the skillet. 2 minutes each direction, repeat on the other side.
Then turn the heat all the way down and cover. Depending on the thickness, turn off the heat between 5 and 10 minutes.
I serve my baked potato with sour cream only. 
-Mahlzeit-






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark