Buletten (German Hamburgers) with Potatoes, Sweet Green Peas and Tomato Salad

It was time to cook something real German without putting my spin on it. Buletten (German Hamburgers) got the vote. I actually went shopping for some of the things I needed. Ketchup is not a staple in my pantry. We need

1 lbs of 90/10 ground beef
1 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tsp ketchup
2 dashes of Worcestershire (use the real thing from Lea & Perrins, and not some store brand, you will taste the difference)
1 egg
1/2 medium onion finely chopped
salt, pepper

Mix all of the ingredients and form patties. I form my patties in the middle a little with a little bid of a mold. It will fill in while cooking. In a frying pan add some oil, and heat it up. I tend to cook over a little less then medium heat, so the meat has time to cook and develop color on the outside. Cooking time depends on the thickness. Mine are usually a around 1cm thick (1/3") So per side I cook them 5 minutes for medium well.

For the peas I was lazy this time and just heated up a can. oops.

Tomato salad:
Cube 3 tomatoes, add the other half of the finely chopped medium onion, some chopped fresh parsley and basil, season with salt and pepper, 1 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tsp of  balsamic vinegar. Tomatoes need some time to mingle with the seasons. It pays to make this early and let it stand in the fridge. When you serve, you may add to add some more salt and pepper.

Potatoes:
Peel and cook in salt water until done.

Serve with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
-Mahlzeit-







Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark