What are Frikadellen?

There are many words for Hamburgers in Germany: Frikadellen, Hamburger, Beefsteak, Fleischpflanzerl, Boulette and many more. What it is called depends on the region. 
On the weekend I got a pack of ground turkey 85/15. The original idea was to create a baked dish that could serve as a cold cut.
And then there was reality, I needed something for dinner and a bit faster then what I had in mind.
Summary the ground turkey ended up as hamburgers/Frikadellen/Boulette/.... you get the idea.

We need
  • 1 lbs of ground turkey 85/15
  • 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (use the brand Le Perrin, it really makes a difference)
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
In a bowl mix all of the ingredients.  In order to get similar size sliders, I use a an ice scoop to measure the portions. Depending on how generous one is, this are about 20 portions. When the ice scoop releases the portion smash it down to a bit less then the thickness of your pinky finger.
In a frying pan heat up 1 tsp of margarine over medium heat and add the sliders. Leave about 1/4" of space between them. It makes it easier to flip them. Let them cook for about 5 -7 minutes and then flip them and cook for another 5 mintes. I usually cook each side for 2-3 minutes one more time to make sure they are cooked all the way. I want some color on them.
You can create the first batch of sliders and while they are cooking, you create the second/third batch of sliders. It all depends on the size of your pan and how flat you make your sliders. For me that ended up 2.5 batches.
As 2 sides I decided on fries. They were store bought and not worth the money. Even though I followed package instructions, they were still very light colored and pretty salty. This brand is now on my 'do not buy list' .
The second side was a home made salad. Tomato, cucumbers, onions, feta, a bit of salt and pepper and some store bought French dressing. Yummy.
Serve with a BBQ sauce. My latest discovery is a sauce from Famous Dave. I had to try it when I saw it in the store as their spicy pickles are already one of my staples.
-Mahlzeit-
2023-01-09







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark