Fast Simple Salmon Dinner

This is really one I put together in about 20 min.
I did grocery shopping for the long Turkey day dinner. I also picked up some shrimps and some salmon. The idea was, that I try to make rollmops out of the salmon, but then I found frozen sardines at the Korean place I shop at once a month.
The salmon needed a new purpose. 
Peel some potatoes and start cooking them. As a veggie I went for green sweet peas in a bag, that can go from frozen to cooked in the microwave in 5-6 minutes. Grab one of those or cook another veggie of your choice.
It turned out that the salmon was not even properly descaled. So I did my best to do somebody else's job. 
Heat up a little bit of oil in a cast iron skillet. It should be hot, but don't burn the oil. Add the salmon skin side down. Put a little bit of salt and pepper onto the salmon. Let it sear for a few minutes. How long it will take to finally finish depends on the thickness of the filet. I covered it pan with a glas lid, so the top side can steam. 
Serve with a slice of lemon and some dill and a little bit of butter on the potatoes.
As a side I made a tomato Mozzarella salad with spring onions.
-Mahlzeit-





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark