The Turkey that Became a Pheasant

At my favorite Korean store I picked up a pheasant a few weeks ago. When I contemplated what I am going to make for Thanksgiving I decided to go off the beaten path and make that pheasant. I have never made a pheasant in my life before. 
I found 2 recipes on the internet, that gave me inspiration.
Here we go:

Pheasant:
1 pheasant defrosted and cut in 2 halfes
2 cloves of garlic
1 fresh bayleaf
1 large onion chopped
1 tetra pack of chicken broth
1/2 tsp of ground allspice
1/4 tsp of thyme
6 juniper berries

Sauce:
1 cup of white mushrooms chopped
1 cup of shitake mushrooms chopped
1 cup of Chardonnay (choose one that you would drink as well, dont be cheap here)
1/2 cup half/half (fat free)
1 cup water
1 tsp of chicken bullion from Knorr

In a Dutch oven heat up the oil, add the onions and let them get translucent and then remove them. Then add the 2 pieces of pheasant skin side down and let it get some color. Add the onion and all the other things listed under Pheasant into the put, bring to a boil, cut down the heat and simmer for about 1.5h
Line a baking sheet with alu foil and turn on an oven to broil. The the 2 pheasant half put them on the baking sheet and let it get some color for 10-15 minutes.

Sauce: While pheasant is under the broiler, add 1 cup of water to the cooking fluid and the 1 tsp of chicken bullion powder. as well as all the remaining things, except the half/half.
Let it cook for 15-20 minutes, then thicken the sauce and add the half/half.
Bring it back to boil for 3 minutes, then turn the heat off. 

On my sides I took the easy way out. Red cabbage from the glass, and potato dumplings from a package.
-Mahlzeit-






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark