BBQ Chicken Drumsticks and an Unconventional Side

A long time ago I got a recipe to marinate chicken wings. I remembered it had balsamic vinegar. So with some reading this is what I came up with.  

Marinade
  • 1 cup of olive oil
  • 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
  • 1.5 tsp of sweet ground paprika
  • 2 tsp of smoked paprika
  • 1 tbsp dried thyme
  • 2/3 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 tsp of orange pepper (something I found  in a store and wanted to try. It has a nice citrus flavor)
  • 1 tsp of Himalayan or sea salt
Heat all of this a little bit on the stove to not more than hand warm. This is to dissolve the brown sugar. The brown sugar was already pretty hard. This is a good way to get rid of those things, that are a bit harder to get into the original condition. (I know the trick with the wet towel and the microwave)
My bowl holds 8 drumsticks. Cover it is with marinade and then in the fridge it goes over night. If the drumsticks are not fully covered, turn them over before you go to bed. By then the meat started to take on a brown color from the balsamic.
I have a zucchini and a yellow squash in the fridge. This goes onto the grill as well. I sliced them into about 5 mm slices and the zucchini cut into half, then take 1 have and cut it into 3-4 long slices. Season with salt and pepper and add some olive oil.
Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and dry it off a bit on a paper towel. If the marinade gets full power on the BBQ, it will catch fire.
Grill until fully cooked. For me this took about 30 minutes.

As a side, I went very much off the beaten path. I love semolina dumplings. This is the  recipe.
All the grilled veggies are a great addition to the broth.

Confession: The skin got really burned. I had to take it off. It showcased the flavor of the marinade on the meat very well.

-Mahlzeit-




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark