Smoked Pork Loin Version 19

I picked up a small pork loin yesterday. It is supposed to go on the smoker today.
I decided to brine it over night as follows:
  • Fosters beer, so it is all covered
  • 10 allspice kernels
  • 10 juniper berries
  • 1 medium red onion coarsely chopped
All of this goes into a bowl and then it goes covered into the fridge over night.
I took them out of the fridge this morning and let it come up in temperature for about 30 minutes. During this time I made the basting mixture.
  • 2 tsb balsamic
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp sweet paprika
  • 1 tsp ground Allspice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
 Mix all of this in a bowl. Remove the meat from the brine and pad dry.
Baste the spice mix on to the meat from all sides.
In the smoker it goes, at 210F until the inner temperature reaches 148F. I had different bags pellets left, so I just emptied all of them into the tray. Use what ever is your favorite.
If the temperature is 145F. 148F or 150F does not matter to much either. It all depends on how well done the pork should be. I took it off at 148F, wrapped it in aluminum foil and let it rest for a bit.
The potatoes needed to finish to cook.
As a side, I did a water melon, tomato, cucumber salad with mint and a lime pomegranate molasses dressing and a bit of salt and pepper. 
-Mahlzeit-

 

 





 
 

 
 
 




 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark