Trial 2: Burned Cheese Cake - Another Kitchens Disaster

This is a recipe from my favorite food blogger Ree Drummond. I really followed the instructions as outlined in the order outlined. And???

 

It looked so promising during the baking process.  After 50 min, the cake actually did raise past the spring form.  After I took it out of the oven, it started to disintegrate. The consistency was like  mush. So back in the oven for 20 minutes on 350F. The height did recover some. The consistency has not improved. Ok, same thing again another 20 min into the oven at 350F.... Again, some height was recovered. The mush did not improve. I called  it quits after that.
This recipe needs some help.
I don't think, that only 3 tbsp of flower can stand up to that much cheese, eggs, and heavy creme. I have to look at a German cheese cake recipe and see what is used there to  get a less mushy consistency.
Taste wise, there is nothing that needs improvements. Together with the  blueberries, lemon juice and some sugar it was great.
As all good things are 3, there will be another try.
-Mahlzeit-

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letscho

No Knead Easy Bread

Potatoes with Butter and Quark